Please read and follow the rules outlined below. We look forward to a thrilling, challenging, social, fun and safe event.
1) Obey traffic laws. This is an open course so show respect.
2) Helmet required (and I am not talking about your german buddy)
3) No littering!! Woodsy the Owl will swoop down and feed on any litterbugs.
4) 12 hour cut off - After 12 hours we will be busy grillin, chillin and fillin up with good vibes
5) You are on your own. This means no outside help. Fellow Dirty Benjamins are more than welcome to lend a hand but come prepared. This is a self-supported event, yo.
6) You leave the course, you must re-enter at the same spot or be DQ'ed. Self explanatory, show respect to your fellow gravel fiends and don't cheat. Besides, you are only cheating yourself of a good time. Word.
7)No electric or gas powered two wheelers. We are down with the BRRAAAAPPPP but let's keep it human powered. (I just wanted to drop a BRRAAAPPPP in here)
8) Give a smile and a "How do" to the volunteers. They are invaluable to the race
As for the cue cards, they will be similar to those used in the Almanzo and Heck of the North. Jeremy Kershaw does a fine description of them on the Heck of the North blog.